Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Wandering & Autism: It Happened

In just a little over a year, 41 American children with Autism have died after wandering. 

I can't help but think of that statistic as he lay in my arms behind the bolted doors of our home. He is safe here. 

But just an hour ago he walked out the front door. Shut it behind him. Wandered down the street.  Barefoot in snowy 20 degree weather. No coat. It was maybe 3 or 4 minutes. Not long, but long enough. I have read it happening in the news too many times. 

My husband runs outside in a panic to find a lady walking Trey up the street towards our house. He doesn't know who she is. Have never seen her before. 

It was a miracle... and she might have been our little boy's Angel. (1/19/2014)

1 comment:

  1. I make the same thing, but don’t bake it for anywhere near as long. Ten minutes on one side, turn over, and five on the other. Make sure to spray some veg spray before baking, and when you turn them over. In my experience, the short baking time guarantees that they will be really moist.

    restaurants in south delhi

    ReplyDelete